Pre Season weekly Thursday swim training: Commencing Thursday’24th August 6am at Launceston Aquatic Centre Pool
Surf training @ Gofton’s will begin Sunday 26th August, 9am ski paddle and 10:30am board paddle. Wear full wetsuit, gloves and booties
Bridport SLSC Open Day: Sat 8th Dec 10am to 1pm, Gofton’s Beach
The 2016 Nipper Championships is on again Sunday 6th March. Sign up 10am for a 10:30 am start.
Bridport 1km and 2.25km ocean swim Saturday 13th February 2016.
Registrations from 1:30pm at Club House
Sponsored by Greg Crick Jeep
The Bridport Bowls, RSL & Community Club will provide a buffet style dinner for any clubs needing
a feed on Friday 14th February 6pm-8pm along with any locals who would like to join them.
Bookings are essential by Wed 12.02.14. Phone Simon on: 0448 635 611
This will be an intensive session for both new and experienced members (from 5yo to adult)
providing a focused overview on the major aspects of:
NB: Bring lunch or buy at BBQ
AGE GROUP: 8-9yrs, 10-12yo, 13-15yrs, 15yrs to adult
- Ocean Swimming – strategy, starts, keeping on target, psychology, finishing
- Surf Skis- starts, paddling, turning, finishing
- Board Techniques – the start, entering the water, paddling, cornering, wave strategy, finishing
- Sprint & Run Techniques – hard or soft stand starts & sprints, longer run tips
- Beach Flags – preps & start techniques, the run (bumps and tips), the finish
- Marine Life and Dangers – treating marine bites and stings
AGE GROUP: 5-9yo (including non or not strong swimmers)
- Wading & fun games to get used to Splash
- Surf Rescue – looking after our friends at the beach, and some fun non-water rescues
- Boogie Boards – techniques in the shallows
- Sprints & Beach Flags – soft & hard sand running, preps & start techniques, the run & the finish
We also hope to have a session with Natural Resource Management (NRM) North about Coastal Care and more on the day!
Nippers starts Sunday 5th January at Gofton’s Beach Bridport 11:00am-12.30pm for 5-12 year olds.
BBQ snags at $2 each.
Surf Sports (competitive) training 8-15 year olds starts training Sunday’s 11:00-12.30pm. Additional sessions announced at training.
Life Saving Training Sundays 1:00pm-2.30pm for SRC /cadets 13-15 year olds and Seniors (doing Bronze Medallion and Awards trainjng)15yo to adult.
Nippers: All Sundays Jan and Feb @ 11 – 12:30
Sat 11th and 12th Jan @ 11 – 12:30